The Teacher for Wrens is Mrs Renton
A warm welcome to Wren’s class!
Mrs Renton has the absolute pleasure of teaching our wonderful Wrens. Another important member of the Wrens class is Trevor the tortoise! Being a Wren is super exciting, everyday is full of adventure where we learn through play and exploration (both indoors and outdoors.) Although we are the youngest children at St Peter’s, we shine very brightly and enjoy getting involved in all aspects of school life.
Ready to Learn
Year Group Ready Leaflet
Please follow the following links for the Curriculum Overviews
Curriculum Overview EY Autumn 2023
Early Years Homework Expectations
How can I help with my child’s learning?
Practising a couple of these will help your child feel confident across the curriculum.
- Practising pencil grip using the tripod grip
- Practising correct letter formation of the sounds we learn in phonics
- Reviewing the weekly phonics sessions using the phonics home learning sheets on our class page each week
- Oral blending and segmenting games e.g. I Spy a c-a-t
- Daily reading and sharing stories
- Discussing numbers and shapes in the environment around us
- Practising correct formation of numbers
- Playing counting games, making sure that your child is using accurate 1-1 correspondence
- Practising taking turns when playing games.
Phonics Home Learning – Reception Autumn 2
Phonics Home Learning – Reception Autumn 1